Anyway here is my 1/6000 German Kaiser 'Coal Eater' Battleship on the stand.
Front and rear main turrets installed and notice the guns protruding from them. I fiddled around with wire and every time I tried to cut it, it either flew away or, I got a big ugly distorted cut on the end from my scalpel mashing it while trying to cut it off. SOLUTION: I used and old electric shaver brush which has just the right size of nylon bristle [perfect scale size] and easy to cut with a razor blade.
Above is a close up of the turrets and forecastle with a small piece of brass glued into it. From there I'll install the forward mast and rear mast still has to be made. I want to model all the secondary 9" and 6" guns and the two crane assemblies as well.
Above is a shot of the forward section above the bridge that houses the front mast on a round tooth pick. I found this to be an effective way to work on such small pieces without losing them. My intentions all along was to build one of these models outright and then decide if this is the right scale to build a grand fleet. So far I think it is as it will be easy to play M.T.R. with these models as they don't hog a bunch of room on a desk or small battle board. Remember my mantra "Less is More." Just finding the time these days to model is the challenge with life in general taking me away from the cave!
Solo on my friend ... Jeff